Thursday, May 10, 2007

Friends Rule!!!




I am so blessed to have such great friends!
This weekend would have been John and I's 11th Anniversary. We had bought tickets to the Stagecoach Music Festival and were going to rent a motor home and camp all weekend while listening to our country music!! By the way John kind of thought I was nuts for wanting to do THIS for our anniversary - he had told me he would take me anywhere I wanted to go and this is what I chose (I guess it's just the redneck country girl in me). Anyway we planned all this the day before he passed away.

A group of my friends all got together and bought tickets and we used Laura & Karen's motor home and what a blast!!! Of course I cried all through Brooks and Dunn (cuz' that was John's fav) but I couldn't think of a better way to spend this weekend then with my sister and 5 more of our friends! (and 60,000 more of our closest friends). All the people there were insane - I have never been to anything like that!! But for the most part it was calm and we met some real nice people.



Thank you Heather, Cathi, Tavia, Jody, Laura & Karen for giving up your weekend to be with me! I love you guys!


John would have loved this! Happy Anniversary my "Cowboy"...................................


3 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

I love you Shan! I miss John!
I am so glad we were all able to celebrate at Stagecoach, his life and your marriage!
Your are an inspiration and wonderful example of a wife mother & friend.
I am blessed to have you in my life!
love ya!
Cathi

Heather said...

I can't think of anything I would have rather done with you than that trip! We really did have a great time. Yes, some tears were shed, but how great is our God that He provides for us consistently, faithfully, and lovingly right when we need it. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend-I know John was enjoying it, too-right in the front row! Love you!

lindsey said...

shannon - tag! you're it! (check out my blog, and you'll understand)