Lessons from Dad on how to carve the perfect turkey (not that they needed it- but now they know)
knock knock......who's there?...............Olive..................Olive who?
After some awesome family worship (ending with "Old McDonald's Farm for Lily") we played a competitive game of CHENEY CATCHPHRASE
As I look back on the year behind me it's kind of a blur. I felt almost like "let's just get this 1st year thing over with". But now looking back I see I have so much to be thankful for - God has blessed my family and I in so many ways.
- Things I'm thankful for:
- God's promises
- God's grace
- my children
- 12 years with John Eric Rojas
- my Mom and Dad
- my brother & sisters (& in-laws)
- my nieces and nephews
- My Aunts & Uncles
- grandmothers and grandfathers
- good Friends
- good neighbors
- my dogs, cats & FISH
- a roof over my head
- a dependable car to drive (bonus - it's pretty)
- the cabin - my retreat
- mountains & beach
- foot rubs
- my bed
- chocolate covered bananas (Trader Joes)
- competition reality shows (amazing race)
- comfy couches (to watch the above)
- The promise that I'll someday see my loved ones who are in heaven
- my sense of humor (like when you can laugh at yourself - when you think your daughter is taking pictures of you and really she has pushed VIDEO instead) - lovely.
As you look back I hope you find many things to be thankful for. I'm also looking forward - to seeing what God has in store for me in the coming year.