Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Dround the dream


So we are filling in the hole in my backyard today and it is bitter sweet (for those of you who did not know, we were in the process of putting in a pool when John passed away). On one hand it will be so nice to have a backyard again. During the summer we usually spend almost every night in the backyard and as of tonight we have not eaten out there once. It's just dirty and the grass is dying and... there is a huge hole in the middle of the yard! But there was something about having that hole there that reminded me of John. We had layed in the middle of the grass and dreamed about what our backyard would look like with the pool and rock waterfall. He wanted this pool so badly for us. I guess it's kinda like letting go of a part of him. .


The dirt that is going in..........................





I only wish the hole in my heart was as easy to fill as the hole in my backyard...........................












2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just hard. It is symbolic to undo what was the beginning of a dream. And I know you and John shared so many other dreams as well, some fulfilled, some not.
I love you, my friend. I'm thinking of you. And remembering John.

Heather said...

I was wondering how you felt about the hole being filled...I can't put my feelings into words for you guys, I know this is like finishing the chapter of your life together and I'm so sorry that you have to even go through this...hang in there sis I love so much, God is good and faithful and will see you through each of the hard times. Love you!