Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Road trip...........

Overly Blessed
















I have taken two road trips in one week!
The first one was up to SLO to see my baby nephew be born! My brother Sean and his wife Lindsey had their 3rd child. Their first two are girls and this one was a boy - Silas. What an honor to be there to see this precious life come into the world! I don't know how anyone can not believe in our miraculous God when you see a new life take his first breath. Although Silas did not cry much at first - he was more interested in checking out his new world! S & L thank you for letting me be part of this day and be the official photographer :} And also for letting me spend some quality time with Gracie and Lily :} Love you guys............And Linds, I have to say that you were one of the prettiest women I've ever seen while you were in labor - what's up with that :}

Making pancakes with two little helpers



Next, Mandy and I were off to the desert. My sister and mother-in-law (actually my ex-sister-in law and mother-in-law, but we are still close) invited us out to their time share at the Marriott in Palm Desert. We had such a blast! Diane is a kick! We also brought along my nephew Benny for Mandy and they had the time of their lives! When I dropped Benny off he said this was the best two day vacation he ever had!





I've always wanted to stop at the windmills and take cool pictures so we pulled off the freeway and had some fun.



The kids were pretty excited that they got to go in 5 pools in two days!

And the grounds there are so beautiful! So many picture opportunities!

And right outside our window was a small river that was filled with lots of duck friends - Mandy was in heaven!


She lived on this rock!

Sun going down.... still on rock.................. Moon up..... still on rock..........


She did get off to sleep and eat :}



This was their friend "Ducky", they taught him to do tricks - like jump for his crackers.


Mandy got a hold of the camera and took a bunch of pictures. Here are just a few:

Now I'm home and it's time to relax - going to the beach today :}

Once again I have been overly blessed!

Ashley and Amber are away at camp this week - please say a prayer for them.

3 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

awesome pics shan!! wow donald sister is soo pretty!!
yeah for a new nephew!!

lindsey said...

shan - we absolutely loved having you here - wouldn't have it any other way!

Heather said...

Wow! Very cool pics-I want copies! :) I'm glad you got some time away and were blessed by that time. Love you!