Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Whats going on????


Lots!!!
It's been a busy week to say the least!
Not a lot of time, not a lot of words
but a whole bunch of pictures
cuz'
pictures are worth a thousand words, right?


We'll start with game night at my house last Saturday night. I've been so badly wanting to re-connect with the women of our church. So Cathi and I invited a number of women over to play some fun games. We played Pictionary and Catchphrase. Had a blast - night successful :} And we decided to do this "seasonally" ~ good enough for me.

Then all of last week Mandy had a softball tournament. It was single elimination so we thought we could be done on Monday night - no - her team went all the way to the finals (which was awesome for them, but that meant softball EVERY night last week). They ended up taking 2nd! Way to go "Good & Plenty's"!


Then on Friday it was off to our church's women's retreat, which we didn't have to really go far to retreat because it was only 3 miles down the freeway at "Rancho Capistrano" in San Juan Capistrano.
I have been on the committee for this retreat and it was nice to see it all come together - thank you ladies for all your hard work! And for asking me to emcee - I had a great time up there. (I cracked my self up and may never be asked back - oh well).
We ended each night with a brutal game of "Catchphrase" - yes we're getting really good at it now - in Cathi's and I's (proper?) room (of course). I loved getting to hang out with these fun girls!
I wish I would have taken more pictures of the grounds but oh well, I guess I was a little busy!

(Cathi who or what is in your bed??? - Chrissie do you know???)

And last but not least, we have a new family member!

My Mom and Dad got a new puppy..........His name is Hobie..... he is so cute!!

We all are in love with him (esp. Mandy). Thanks Christy!!

Hobie saying bye- bye to his mommyAnd his brother - don't worry, we'll visit often!

So that's my last week and half in a nut shell.
(that's actually just some of it - I still had normal life to deal with)
I love my life.
Busy, crazy, but filled with fun and laughter and lots of love.
~Thank you God~

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Mandy!

I had so much fun on the retreat. I love getting time to spend with YOU.

I think that might be an appliance in Cathi's bed. Hmmmm...

Kristen said...

The new puppy is SOO cute!

Good job Mandy and team - how exciting!

Ladies retreat and game night look like a blast. You have given me the itch to have a game night soon it has been far too long P

Cathi Hamen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathi Hamen said...

hey now... that was a vacuum! hmmmmm i sense a tradition at retreats.. but it started a fun water fight, but wait were we at winter camp or a "women's" retreat.. oh who cares we had a great time!!
thnx to you shan for getting "cute" pics!

Go Mandy! WE loved watching it!!